WHAT IF MY BABY IS CRYING?
This is totally normal and expected! I will get candid shots of you comforting baby, breast-feeding (optional), and even baby crying - after all, that's part of newborn life! We also take time to feed and change baby to make sure they are comfortable, and then continue.
HOW CAN I PREPARE BABY?
Baby should be fed right before the session starts and fully burped, so that she will be as comfortable as possible during the shoot. Please remove any socks or tight fitting clothing from her well before the session, they leave marks on their skin for a while. Gently wipe away any eye boogers or flaky skin with a wet, warm washcloth.
HOW CAN I PREPARE MY HOUSE?
Find the rooms with the best lighting, or the biggest windows. If you are unsure, I am happy to help you beforehand by looking at pictures! The most typical rooms we use are the living room, nursery, and master bedroom. These rooms should be clean and clutter-free.
WHAT IF MY HOUSE IS DARK WITH SMALL WINDOWS?
You might consider renting a studio if you or I don't feel like your house will work for this. If that's not an option, we can always find at least one spot inside, do some outside if weather permits, or have darker/moodier pictures which still works well for these sessions.
CAN I SHOW YOU A PINTEREST BOARD OF PICTURES I WANT?
You can choose your favorite 1-2 images and we will try to get them. Every family and session is different. Pinterest is is a great resource but it is full of photographers' very best and favorite shot from their session, so to expect a whole pinterest board of the very best work from multiple photographers is just unrealistic and it doesn't allow me to use my own creativity during the shoot, resulting in everyone being unhappy.
ARE THERE ANY DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE?
Yes! There are a few ways you can get a discount.
HOW MUCH ARE YOUR TRAVEL FEES?
- Referrals: Get a $25 credit to use at your session within one year for referring someone who books, or a free mini session for referring a wedding that books with me.
- Paying Cash at the session will get you a $20 discount.
- Mini Sessions still gets you a ton of amazing pictures, at a more affordable price
- Back-to-back sessions will get you a $50 discount. Prices listed are for the best lighting and/or golden hour. Discounted sessions are before a golden hour session with brighter, but still beautiful, lighting. Travel fees to locations outside of the 30 mile radius are also greatly discounted.
- Book a maternity session: You get a $50 discount for booking a maternity session and newborn session.
Travel fees vary based on location, time and miles. When locations are sent out, any additional fees will be included with that location so it isn't a surprise at the end.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR TO MY SESSION?
One of the perks of booking with me is that I send you an outfit at the time of booking! This will go over colors, patterns and textures to help you figure out what to wear! Im also always open to answer any questions or help you decide. I've had many people send me pictures of things they were deciding on and I've let them know if it would photograph well or if they should go with something else! Im always happy to help.