The Great Saltair
in Salt Lake City, utah
is one of the most beautiful places ever to take your family pictures
!! The white salty sand, and lake at sunset are to DIE for, just simply stunning. Its so gorgeous if you walk in the water at the end too. If you don't believe me, take a look at these pictures below!
can be stressful! Here are some tips to help everything go smoother.
1. Eat Before
- Kids will not do well when they are hungry!
2. Bring snacks
- It just keeps them happy!
3. Dress for the weather
- If its cold, please don't bring your kids in a short skirt, or short sleeves, or even just a little cardigan. They will not like that and it will make everything harder! Layer up on clothes and get some cute jackets that go well with your outfits. In the summer, make sure no one will be too hot with boots or pants.
4. Play and have fun
- I have heard kids tell me that taking pictures was SO MUCH FUN! Beause their parents were playing with them and happy! Make this a fun memory for them, not one that they get yelled at for not smiling. Then next year they will be excited to do it again!
5. Don't let your kids fall asleep in the car
- 90% of the time that kids fall asleep, it takes them at least a half hour to wake up and be ready for pictures. That means the first 30 minutes of your session when kids are usually the happiest, will be spent trying to make them happy.
6. Smile even when your kids aren't
- That way when they do smile, you are already smiling! Also, kids will feed off of your energy and if they see you grumpy, they will be too.
7. Offer a bribe
- It helps with kids over the age of 3!
I hope those tips help you prepare for your family photography session with me so everything goes smoothly!
Click here to see more photo shoots at this location!
Book your family photographer
today by filling out my online form here: Contact me!